Giuseppe Bernardino Bison, one of the most gifted artists of the tradition of the eighteenth century views, received his training in the studio of Anton Maria Zanetti, the famous exponent of the cultural and artistic life of Venice. He began his career as a painter of frescoes in aristocratic homes of the Veneto region, including Palazzo Maffetti-Manzoni in Padua (1792), Villa Tironi in Lancenigo (1793), Villa Spineda in Breda (1794) and Casino Soderini in Treviso (1798 ). At the beginning of the nineteenth century he moved to Trieste where he decorated the Carciotti Palace (1804) and the building of the Old Stock Exchange (1805-1807). In 1811 he was commissioned to decorate the Theater in Gorizia (works now lost), the Church of St. Vito in Vipacco and Sirstat Palace in Ljubljana. In 1816 he painted the spandrels in the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore in Trieste with the images of the Four Evangelists. In 1824 he received the diploma of Honorary Member of the Academy of Fine Arts in Venice. Afterwards Bison increased his interest in the theater and produced numerous works, drawings, gouaches, oils on paper illustrating theater sets. We remember the notebook with 32 watercolor drawings for the ‘Sogno di Corvo’ by Rossetti and 4 sketches for scenes of Mozart's Don Giovanni. In 1831, after a short stay in Brescia, he moved to Milan where he continued his work as theatrical set designer, working for the Teatro della Scala. A revelation in the field of Bison’s graphics is the album owned by Giovanni Sgaramangà, now preserved in the homonymous Foundation, with a catalog edited by Fabrizio Magani and Giuseppe Pavanello in 1996.